In order to register an invention for a patent, the invention must be novel and inventive. In addition, it must have a technical character.
It is our wish is to offer your company comprehensive support in all aspects of intellectual property and to afford your immaterial goods, in particular your inventions, maximum protection. This includes – among other things:
- Drafting and filing patent applications and supervising the examination proceedings up to the granting of the patents
- Performing opposition and appeal procedures before the European Patent Office
- Producing opinions, in particular Freedom-to-Operate (FtO) opinions to ensure e.g. that a new product may be launched without a patent infringement
- Performing patent infringement suits, with the support of a lawyer if required
- Monitoring property rights of third parties
- Creating a patent strategy specific to your company
- Providing advice and support for any contract issues, in particular non-disclosure agreements and joint development agreements
As a patent attorney is Dr. Robert Koelliker entitled to represent you before the Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (IGE) and, as a European patent attorney, before the European Patent Office (EPO) as well as before the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). Where required, I liaise with correspondent attorneys worldwide.